Small Works Show 2019
October 11, 2019-November 10, 2019
Opening Reception is Saturday October 12, from 3 to 6
Upstairs at the Commons
Artists who reside in the following towns: Andes, Arkville, Margaretville/New Kingston, Fleischmanns, Halcottsville, Halcott Center, Pine Hill, and Roxbury are invited to participate in our second annual AMR Call for Art. AND NEW to this event, we are accepting submissions from artists with studios within a 65mile radius from Margaretville, NY. All work must be hand delivered.
- Artwork Requirements: Up to two pieces of original artwork or sculpture may be All media are accepted, including mixed media, jewelry, and textiles. (No reproductions). Sculpture must have a suitable base provided by the artist. All other artwork must be framed and ready to be hung. If the work is not ready to be hung, AMR reserves the right not to include it in the exhibition. Size requirement: not to exceed 30” horizontally.
- Fees to cover costs: Entry fee is $25 for 1 piece, $40 for 2 All proceeds from sales will go directly to the artist. AMR receives no commission. Checks made out to: AMR CALL FOR ART. Application form and payment mailed to: Deborah. Ruggerio, c/o AMR CALL FOR ART, PO BOX 283, Roxbury, NY 12474. DUE DATE BY SEPTEMBER 9, 2019
- Publicity: For submission, press and website purposes, please send a jpeg (300dpi) image of each work you wish to submit to email@example.com Each jpeg should be labeled with name, medium, and size of work framed (height x width) example: Jane 1.oil.18×24; Jane Doe.2.pastel.12×12. DUE DATE BY SEPTEMBER 9, 2019.
AMR Call for Art will be promoted in the area venues through the Calendar of Events and Press Releases. An email announcement will be distributed by MailChimp to area art galleries. You will receive an email press release which you can post on social media and email to friends and family.
- Staffing: All participating artists must sign up to staff one 5hr shift— Sign up will be at delivery of Two participating artist volunteers will sign up to be present during gallery hours: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays 11:00 am-4:00 pm. We also need staffing to help hang and dismantle the show at the gallery.
- Art Work Drop off Dates: Art work must be hand delivered Saturday, October 4 or Sunday October 5 to Upstairs at the Commons Gallery from 11AM-3PM. Please see the attached Artist Application form to print out/cut out/fill out, and attach to the back of each piece of Kindly keep a copy for your own records.
- Art Work Pick up Dates: Saturday, November 16 Sunday, November 17, at Upstairs at the Commons Gallery from 11AM-3PM.
- Any Questions: Laini Manzo (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Deborah Ruggerio (email@example.com) are overseeing the curation and installation of the
AMR will make every effort to safeguard your work, however, AMR cannot accept responsibility for damage or theft. AMR does not carry insurance for artwork.