During this difficult time, it is more important than ever to feel comfortable navigating the digital world.
Showing and selling our work on this platform is here to stay, even when the pandemic is but a memory.
Rebecca Andre has offered to share her expertise with fellow artists.
AMR Artists Talks sponsored an amazing series of workshops by Rebecca Andre about upping your ante with social media about your art. These are recordings are a wealth of information for the novice to the more experienced artist using social media. Please click on recordings buttons to hear about this information.
Goal: To give artists tips and instructions to improve their basic social media skills and feel confident when promoting their art digitally
Session 1 – Intro into Social Media
Artists should already have a personal Facebook account and know their log-in and password details. If they do not have a FB account, they can still join session to learn the benefits of social media.
- Why take on the double-edge sword of social media?
- How to start a FB business page
- How to optimize an existing FB business page
- How to post photos & videos
Session 2 – Diving Deeper into Facebook
- How to create a simple advertisement by boosting a FB post
- What is live streaming and how to start a live stream video
- How to engage with other pages
Session 3 – Intro to the (More Fun) Instagram
- Why have an IG account, and why should artists begin with FB account?
- How to open and optimize IG account
- How to post images and “stories” to IG
- How to decide if an artist should branch out to other social media outlets: LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter